Create homemade Pad Thai in the comfort of your own home in 15 minutes. Add the sweet licorice flavor of McCormick Gourmet™ Thai Basil and Thai Kitchen Premium® Fish Sauce to highlight the dish’s umami appeal. Serve with your choice of chicken, shrimp or tofu for a creamy, restaurant-worthy meal.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 4 ounces Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Stir Fry Rice Noodles
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate
- 2 teaspoons Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Thai Basil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- lime wedges, for serving
- 1 Cook noodles as directed on package.
- 2 Heat oil in wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add egg, cook and stir 30 seconds (egg will not be fully cooked). Add bell pepper and carrots; cook and stir until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- 3 Stir in cooked noodles, bean sprouts, water, tamarind concentrate, fish sauce, Thai basil and garlic powder. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 1 minute. Serve with peanuts, green onions and lime wedges.