Butternut squash adds a rustic character to this hearty Southwest stew, flavored with the smoky heat of chipotle chile pepper.
Ingredients 10 (1 cup) Servings
top sirloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- top round beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 butternut squash, 2 pounds, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 Sprinkle beef with 1 teaspoon of the chipotle chile pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir about 10 minutes or until browned. Remove beef with slotted spoon.
- 2 Stir onion and bell pepper into the Dutch oven; cook and stir 3 minutes. Return beef to Dutch oven; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper. Add squash, beef stock, tomatoes, brown sugar and cumin. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Cook and stir flour in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil in small skillet on medium heat 5 minutes or until golden. Stir into stew; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until thickened.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner