Dazzle your guests this holiday by whipping up a light and airy red velvet soufflé. Serve with a dollop of Mascarpone Cream.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Red Velvet Soufflé
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- 5 egg whites, at room temperature
- Mascarpone Cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 piece McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Madagascar Vanilla Beans, split in half lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Red Velvet Soufflé, butter 6 (4-ounce) ramekins. Place ramekins on shallow baking pan. Set aside. Mix egg yolks, milk and vanilla in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add cocoa powder, 1/3 cup of the sugar and salt; mix well. Stir in food color. Set aside.
- 2 Beat egg whites and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir egg white mixture into cocoa mixture, 1/3 at a time. Spoon into prepared ramekins, filling to 1/2 inch from top of ramekin.
- 3 Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until soufflés rise and centers are set.
- 4 Meanwhile, for the Mascarpone Cream, beat all ingredients in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on medium speed until thick soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5 Remove soufflés from oven and serve immediately with Mascarpone Cream.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner