Get cozy with a mug of this rich red velvet-tinted hot chocolate. Serve with a decadent dollop of Vanilla Whipped Cream, if desired.
Ingredients 5 Servings
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 For the Hot Chocolate, place milk and granulated sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- 2 Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate with wire whisk until melted. Stir in food color and vanilla. Pour into serving cups. Serve with marshmallows and Vanilla Whipped Cream, if desired.
- 3 For the Vanilla Whipped Cream, beat heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Add miniature marshmallows if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner