This beet appetizer is fresh, light and creative thanks to the addition of Rosemary Cured Egg Yolks. Layer upon layer of flavor starts with thin-sliced beets topped with arugula for a peppery crunch. Drizzle with a tangy dressing starring the rich flavor of rosemary cured eg...
This beet appetizer is fresh, light and creative thanks to the addition of Rosemary Cured Egg Yolks. Layer upon layer of flavor starts with thin-sliced beets topped with arugula for a peppery crunch. Drizzle with a tangy dressing starring the rich flavor of rosemary cured egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice. Thinly slice or grate remaining cured egg yolk on top for one final pop of deliciousness.Read More Read Less
- 2 large beets, trimmed and cleaned
- lemon juice
- 2 Rosemary Garlic Cured Egg Yolks*, divided (see Cooking Tip for recipe link)
- 2 teaspoons French's® Chardonnay Dijon Mustard Squeeze Bottle
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper from McCormick® Black Pepper Grinder, plus more for serving
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
- 1 Place beets in large saucepan, adding enough water to cover. Add vinegar or lemon juice (this will help keep the beets from bleeding). Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until beets are tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Rinse beets under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Drain and set aside. (Note: Beets can be prepared up to 2 weeks ahead. If making ahead, do not drain beet liquid in pan. Instead, peel beets and return to pan with liquid. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use. Continue as directed with remaining recipe below.)
- 2 Meanwhile, place 1 cured egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and rosemary in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until smooth. With center part of cover removed and machine running, gradually add oil until well blended. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 Peel beets. Slice them into very thin round slices using a mandolin or slicing blade of a food processor. Spread the beet slices in a thin layer on a serving platter. Top with arugula. Drizzle with the cured yolk dressing. Using a vegetable peeler, thinly slice the remaining cured egg yolk over the beet carpaccio salad, or use a microplane to grate the cured egg yolk. Sprinkle with chopped cashews and additional freshly ground black pepper to taste.