Fill up on the flavors of the Southwest any night of the week. This chili pie is loaded with turkey, black beans, Cheddar cheese and the spicy taste of French's® Chili-O Texas-Style Seasoning Mix. The best part? It’s all tucked under a fluffy cornbread topping. Comfort food at its best!
Ingredients 9 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package French's® Texas Style Chili-O
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (8 1/2 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Brown ground turkey. Drain fat. Add onions; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- 2 Stir in Seasoning Mix, beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package, stirring in 1 cup cheese. Drop small spoonfuls of batter over prepared chili. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until corn bread is cooked through.
- 4 Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover. Cook on low until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with sliced green onions before serving.