Perfect for Halloween, this spooky version of Pigs in a Blanket is made with pizza dough and topped with Crispy Fried Onions. Try them if you dare. . .
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Spray a large shallow baking pan with no stick cooking spray.
- 2 BRING large pot of water to boil. Add hot dogs; boil 3 minutes. Remove hot dogs from water and set aside, just until cool enough to handle.
- 3 MEANWHILE, unroll pizza dough on lightly floured surface, stretching into large rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 12 strips, about 1/2-inch wide; set aside. (There may be dough leftover; twist into bread sticks and bake as directed, if desired.) Spread Crispy Fried Onions in shallow dish or pie plate.
- 4 LADLE 1 cup of the boiling water from the hot dogs into a heat-safe bowl big enough to fit hot dogs. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- 5 WRAP each hot dog with one strip of dough, twisting it around and around to mimic a mummy wrap and leaving 1/2-inch of unwrapped hot dog at each end. Once all hot dogs are wrapped, carefully dip each into baking soda mixture being sure to cover completely. Drain off excess water and immediately transfer to plate with Fried Onions. Carefully roll each hot dog in Fried Onions and place on baking sheet.
- 6 BAKE 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top and dough cooked through. Serve with Cheddar Beer Sauce, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.