Ingredients 4 Servings
- 8 El Guapo® Whole Guajillo Chili Pods (Chile Guajillo Entero), stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons El Guapo® Ground New Mexico Hot Chili Pepper
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons El Guapo® Whole Oregano (Oregano Entero)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh Mexican chorizo
- 1/2 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 4 bolillos or Kaiser rolls, split
- McCormick® Mayonnaise With Lime Juice
- Shredded lettuce
- Crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 Place chilis in large heat-safe bowl. Add boiling water; cover. Soak 15 minutes or until softened. Transfer chilis and soaking liquid to blender container. Add Ground New Mexico Hot Chili Pepper, garlic, salt and Oregano. Cover. Blend on high speed until completely smooth.
- 2 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in medium saucepan on medium heat until shimmering. Add guajillo salsa (Be careful, it may splatter); bring to simmer. Reduce heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Set aside; keep warm.
- 3 Heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Brush rolls generously with guajillo salsa, coating both outside and cut-side. Place in skillet; cook on until lightly browned on all sides. Set aside until ready to serve.
- 4 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add chorizo; cook and crumble until browned and cooked through. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate. Add potatoes to skillet. Cook 10 minute or until tender, stirring occasionally. Return chorizo to skillet; cook and stir until heated through
- 5 To serve, place potato mixture on bottom half of roll. Top with shredded lettuce, Cotija and drizzle with McCormick® Mayonnaise With Lime Juice (Mayonesa), if desired. Replace top of roll. Serve any remaining guajillo salsa on the side for dipping.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner