Ingredients 8 Servings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon El Guapo® Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans
- 8 fried eggs
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, salt and Cayenne Chili Pepper. Cook until tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Set aside until ready to serve. Serve salsa as is, or puree in blender or food processor to desired consistency.
- 2 Heat comal or large skillet on medium-high heat. Working in batches, brush both sides of tortillas with remaining oil. Cook 1 minute per side until lightly browned and starting to crisp.
- 3 To serve, spread refried beans on tortillas. Top with fried egg and tomato salsa. Sprinkle with crumbled Cotija and additional chopped cilantro, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner