Heat up tacos, nachos, eggs and more with a homemade Mango Habanero Hot Sauce! El Guapo® Dried Habanero Chilies and mangoes combine for the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
Ingredients 48 (1 tablespoon) Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 to 2 El Guapo® Whole Habanero Chili Pods (Habanero Entero), stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks or 2 large very ripe fresh mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes until softened. Stir in water and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add habaneros and mango; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes.
*Wear gloves and wash hands thoroughly when handling habanero chilies to avoid burning skin or eyes.
- 2 Place sugar, salt and mango habanero mixture in blender container. Cover. Blend on high until smooth. Cool completely before serving. Serve with fresh tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, nachos or eggs. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner