Tender chicken and rice in a zesty, cheesy casserole is an easy delicious casserole that everyone loves! Recipe and photo credit: Holly Nilsson from Spend with Pennies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper, red or green
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Spanish Rice
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease an 11x7-inch casserole dish with butter. Set aside.
- 2 Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions and peppers in olive oil until tender (about 3-5 minutes). Add garlic and butter and cook until fragrant and butter is melted.
- 3 Add water, rice mix and 1/2 cup of salsa. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4 Add black beans, and corn and stir well. Transfer to prepared casserole dish and spread rice mixture in even layer into dish.
- 5 Evenly spread shredded chicken over the top of the rice mixture. Top evenly with remaining 1 cup salsa and cover with cheddar cheese. Cover dish with foil and transfer to oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6 Serve, topped with sour cream, cilantro, and corn chips, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner