Mexican stuffed peppers are a no-fuss, flavorful option for busy weeknight meals. Prepped, cooked and served in under an hour, this recipe for stuffed peppers with taco seasoning is made using only one pan. Just brown the beef and onion, and add in rice, salsa, and a packet ... Mexican stuffed peppers are a no-fuss, flavorful option for busy weeknight meals. Prepped, cooked and served in under an hour, this recipe for stuffed peppers with taco seasoning is made using only one pan. Just brown the beef and onion, and add in rice, salsa, and a packet of McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix. Top with cheese or tortilla chips if desired, and your taco-stuffed peppers with rice will be ready to enjoy! Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 (1/2 stuffed pepper) Servings
- 4 medium to large green or red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1 package McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut off tops of bell peppers. Remove seeds and membranes. Rinse bell peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand upright. Set aside.
- 2 Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add rice, 1/2 cup of the salsa and Seasoning Mix; mix until well blended.
- 3 Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Place stuffed peppers upright in 9-inch square baking dish. Mix tomato sauce and remaining 1/2 cup salsa. Pour over stuffed peppers. Cover tightly with foil.
- 4 Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove foil. Sprinkle stuffed peppers with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut stuffed peppers in half. Spoon sauce in dish over each half to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner