Ready in under an hour with minimal prep and just one pot to clean, this Instant Pot® turkey breast recipe is sure to become a fast favorite for weeknight and holiday dinners. Our recipe calls for combining McCormick® garlic powder, paprika and thyme, and rubbing the... Ready in under an hour with minimal prep and just one pot to clean, this Instant Pot® turkey breast recipe is sure to become a fast favorite for weeknight and holiday dinners. Our recipe calls for combining McCormick® garlic powder, paprika and thyme, and rubbing the seasoning mixture under the skin of the turkey before searing in the pot until browned. Cooking the bone-in turkey breast skin side up with potatoes beneath it makes for the juiciest turkey and creamiest potatoes. This one-pot turkey breast recipe is the perfect solution to an easy Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, or anytime you're looking to whip up a quick meal for the family. Of course, the best side dish is the mashed potatoes it cooks with, but you'll love to explore some of our other favorite side dishes to pair it with — including slow cooker mashed sweet potatoes, apple cranberry stuffing and much more. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Paprika
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 2 teaspoons sea salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 bone-in turkey breast, (about 5 pounds), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1 cup Original Chicken Stock
- 1 Mix seasonings and salt in small bowl; set aside. Pat turkey dry with clean paper towels. Rub 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture under skin of turkey.
- 2 Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in Instant Pot on SAUTÉ setting. Place turkey, skin side down, in pot. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until skin is browned all over, turning occasionally. Remove turkey from pot. Add potatoes to pot. Pour in stock.
- 3 Place turkey, skin side up, on top of potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Close lid. Set VALVE to SEAL.
- 4 Set to cook for 30 minutes on MEAT/STEW function or until turkey is cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F). Vent pot to quick release pressure. Open lid once pressure inside has completely released. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating directions.)
- 5 Transfer turkey to platter or carving board. Let stand about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, transfer potatoes to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Reserve turkey drippings to make Perfect Turkey Gravy, if desired.
- 6 Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to potatoes and gently smash; stir to mix. Slice turkey and serve with smashed potatoes and Perfect Turkey Gravy, if desired.
- 7 Perfect Turkey Gravy: Remove turkey drippings from pot; measure 1 cup. Mix 2 packages McCormick® Turkey Gravy Mix and 1/4 cup flour in pot. Gradually stir in 3 cups water and 1 cup turkey drippings with wire whisk until smooth. Stirring frequently, cook on sauté setting until gravy comes to boil. Reduce heat to warm setting; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. (Gravy will continue to thicken upon standing.)
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner