Ingredients 12 Servings
- Apple Filling
- 12 cups thinly sliced peeled apples, such as Golden Delicious or Granny Smith (about 9 apples)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Apple Pie Spice
- Streusel Topping
- 3/4 firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. For the Apple Filling, toss apple slices with lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl. Mix cornstarch and apple pie spice in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples; toss to coat well. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 2 For the Streusel Topping, mix brown sugar, flour and oats in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle evenly over Apple Filling.
- 3 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
TIPS AND TRICKS
If McCormick® Apple Pie Spice is unavailable, substitute 2 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice.
Recipe may be halved. Halve all ingredients and prepare as directed. Bake in 9-inch square baking dish for 30 minutes.