Ingredients 24 Servings
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
- 4 Love gingerbread treats? Try these other tasty recipes: Gingerbread Whoopie Pies or White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread Cookies.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitution Tip: Use 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gingerbread Spice in place of the 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg.
To dress up Gingerbread Cookie for the holidays, decorate with Colorful Royal Icing.
Use this Gingerbread cookie dough to make these variations: White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread Cookies, Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Lemon Creme, Caramel Pecan Gingerbread Thumbprints and Almond Gingerbread Cookies.
MEET YOUR NEW CULINARY SIDEKICK
Get the Flavor Maker app to discover recipes, help plan meals, organize your spice pantry, and more!