Pro tip: Breeze through the morning routine by making loaded breakfast burritos in advance. Wrap eggs, peppers and McCormick® Taco Seasoning Mix in a soft tortilla. Freeze until needed. Then microwave and devour on-the-go.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- step 1
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 (8-inch) burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add peppers and onion. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir Seasoning Mix and water into skillet. Simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove pepper and onion mixture from skillet and keep warm.
- 2 Mix eggs and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are firm.
- 3 Spoon egg mixture into warmed tortillas. Layer with pepper and onion mixture and add additional fillings such as cooked sausage, cheese or salsa, if desired. Fold each into a burrito.
- 4 Wrap prepared burritos in plastic wrap and store in freezer. To reheat, remove burrito from plastic wrap. Place on microwavable plate and cover with damp paper towel. Microwave 3 minutes on MEDIUM then 3 minutes on HIGH. Let stand 1 minute before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner