Ingredients 12 (1 skewer) Servings
- 1 cup Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® A Hint of Sea Salt Caribbean Jerk Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 12 wooden skewers
- 1 Mix coconut milk, pineapple juice, peanut butter, Seasoning, sugar, soy sauce and oil in large bowl. Reserve 1 1/4 cups satay mixture in separate bowl. Add chicken to remaining mixture in bowl; toss to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight for extra flavor.
- 2 Meanwhile, for the Sauce, place 1 cup of the reserved satay mixture in small saucepan. Cook on medium heat 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the cilantro. Set aside.
- 3 Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread 1 chicken tender onto each skewer.
- 4 Grill skewers over medium-high heat 3 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through, basting with remaining 1/4 cup satay mixture. Transfer skewers to serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with Satay Sauce.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning on the grill.
To save time, thread chicken onto skewers. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken; turn to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate and grill as directed.