Chopped salads are casual and fun. Make it Southwestern with the addition of black beans, Monterey Jack cheese and a creamy cilantro dressing.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Lawry's® Santa Fe Chili Marinade with Lime and Garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn Romaine lettuce, about 8 cups
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup drained canned whole kernel corn
- 1 medium avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add 1/2 cup of the marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 2 Grill chicken over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through, brushing with 2 tablespoons of the remaining marinade. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- 3 Mix sour cream, milk, cilantro and remaining 2 tablespoons marinade in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Arrange lettuce on large serving platter. Top with chicken, beans, corn, avocado, tomato, cheese and onion. Serve with dressing and tortilla chips, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.