Quesadillas filled with barbecue-seasoned chicken and cheese make a quick and easy meal. Also makes a great party appetizer when served with salsa and sour cream for dipping.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 package Lawry's® BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Recipe & Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in Seasoning Mix and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2 Place 4 tortillas on 2 baking sheets. Spread each with 1/4 of the chicken mixture (about 1/2 cup). Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
- 3 Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with toppings, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Add assorted toppings such as salsa and sour cream, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.