A classic noodle soup with a kick! Tender mushrooms and fresh spinach compliment the soup’s mild flavor. McCormick Gourmet™ Japanese Seven Spice Shichimi Togarashi gives it a welcome flavor boost. Garnish with extra Japanese Seven Spice at the table. Dinner is served!
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 4 ounces udon noodles
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Japanese 7 Spice Seasoning
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 Cook udon noodles as directed on package. Drain well.
- 2 Meanwhile, bring stock to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Add mushrooms and Seasoning; simmer 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add noodles, spinach, green onions and soy sauce; simmer 1 minute or until spinach is wilted.
- 3 Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with additional Seasoning, if desired.