Ingredients 12 (1 cup) Servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 pound Savoy cabbage, cored and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Tuscan Seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled Italian plum tomatoes, with juice, undrained
- 2 cans (30 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Heat oil in 5-quart saucepot or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir 4 minutes or until browned. Add cabbage, zucchini, onion, carrot, celery, garlic and Seasoning; cook and stir 10 minutes or until vegetables soften
- 2 Stir in tomatoes with juice, beans and water. Bring to boil, breaking up tomatoes with back of a spoon. Reduce heat to low; simmer, with cover slightly ajar, 30 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty bread, if desired
TIPS AND TRICKS
Soup is even better the next day as the name means twice boiled. If soup thickens, add water or vegetable broth.
Substitute Tuscan kale or Swiss chard, tough ribs removed, for the Savoy cabbage.
Omit pancetta for vegetarian ribollita.
Optional: serve with crusty sliced bread (12 slices).