Better than take-out – this Thai-style chicken and vegetable stir-fry is served over a creamy coconut rice.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Coconut Rice
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, such as Thai Kitchen®
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 Rinse jasmine rice with water. Drain well. Set aside. Bring coconut milk, water, sugar and salt to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2 Meanwhile, coat chicken with flour in medium bowl. Remove chicken. Set aside. Add stock, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper to remaining flour in bowl; stir until smooth.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from wok. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Add vegetables; stir fry 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- 4 Stir stock mixture. Add to wok; stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; stir-fry until heated through. Serve with Coconut Rice.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner