Cooked in a cast iron pan instead of a rotisserie, this chicken cooks up wonderfully crisp on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Peruvian Seasoning gives it a robust hit of savory Latin American-inspired flavor and beautiful colo... Cooked in a cast iron pan instead of a rotisserie, this chicken cooks up wonderfully crisp on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Peruvian Seasoning gives it a robust hit of savory Latin American-inspired flavor and beautiful color. Enjoy with a creamy cilantro dipping sauce. Read More Read Less
- Pan Roasted Chicken:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Peruvian, divided
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 whole chicken, (about 4 to 5 pounds), butterflied
- Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeño pepper
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Peruvian
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Place lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the Peruvian Seasoning and garlic in food processor or blender; cover. Process just until smooth. Gradually add oil with the machine running. Process until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Place chicken in large cast iron or oven-proof skillet. Rub remaining 1 tablespoon Seasoning under skin of chicken. Rub reserved lemon and garlic seasoning mixture evenly over chicken skin. To Butterfly Chicken : Place chicken breast-side down on large cutting board. Using poultry shears or kitchen scissors, cut along both sides of backbone to remove it. Discard backbone. Flip chicken breast-side up and flatten by pressing down firmly with both hands on breastbone and breasts until you hear a crack and chicken resembles one large flat section. (You can also ask the butcher where you shop to butterfly and flatten the chicken for you.)
- 3 Roast chicken 50 to 55 minutes, basting with pan juices every 20 minutes, until the internal temperature is 165°F. Transfer chicken to a clean cutting board and let rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with Creamy Cilantro Sauce.
- 4 For the Creamy Cilantro Sauce, place all ingredients in food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth. Serve with chicken.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner