Make the most of a short but sweet fig season with Fresh Fig Arugula and Pancetta Pasta. This dish features the perfect blend of salty – crispy pancetta and Parmesan cheese – and fresh, zesty lemon, peppery arugula and sweet figs. Toss it all together with a homemade browned butter sauce. Serve al fresco with friends and family for a memorable meal. Recipe and photo courtesy of Jenny Park & Teri Lyn Fisher of Spoon Fork Bacon.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 10 thin slices pancetta, (sliced almost paper thin)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 10 small mission figs, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the pancetta and fry until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip each slice and fry 1 minute longer. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining slices of pancetta. Set aside.
- 2 Drain grease from skillet. Add remaining butter and melt over medium heat. Simmer for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 3 Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package, salting water if desired. Drain well. Place pasta in serving bowl and toss with olive oil. Pour garlic browned butter sauce over pasta and add remaining ingredients. Toss gently to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.