Bursting with citrusy flavor and a touch of heat thanks to McCormick Gourmet™ Citrus Chile Seasoning, these filling shrimp tacos are a dinner dream come true.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 pound large (16 to 20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Citrus Chile Seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F. Season shrimp with 4 teaspoons of the Citrus Chile Seasoning. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 6 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes, just until shrimp turn pink.
- 2 Brush tortillas on both sides with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange in single layer on large shallow baking pan. Sprinkle tortillas evenly with shredded cheese. Divide shrimp mixture and place on one half of each tortilla (about 1/3 cup each).
- 3 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until edges of tortillas begin to brown.
- 4 Meanwhile, mash avocado in medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon Citrus Chile Seasoning. Remove shrimp tacos from oven. Spread avocado mixture on other half of tortilla, opposite of shrimp. Fold tacos and serve topped with lettuce and diced tomatoes, if desired. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner