Meet Bulgogi. While it directly translates to “fire meat,” it’s actually a sweet and spicy Korean dish made with thinly sliced beef, seasoned in a traditional marinade of Korean-Style Red Pepper Gochugaru, soy sauce, ginger and sesame seeds. Serve with lettuce leaves and rice for an authentic Korean meal any night of the week.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 pound boneless sirloin or skirt steak
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Korean Style Red Pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Toasted Sesame Seed
- 1 Place beef in freezer for 1 to 2 hours. Cut beef across the grain into thin slices (about 1/8 inch thick).
- 2 Mix remaining ingredients. Add beef. Marinate 30 minutes or longer for more flavor.
- 3 Heat large skillet over high heat. Add meat with remaining marinade. Cook, stirring constantly until meat is browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice, lettuce leaves, and veggies as desired.