Ingredients 12 (1/2 cup) Servings
- 2 quarts (8 cups) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 Heat milk and salt in large saucepan on medium heat until warm, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- 2 Toast rice in large heavy saucepan on medium heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stirring constantly, add warmed milk, 1 cup at a time, until milk is absorbed by rice after each addition. (It takes about 1 hour for all of the milk to be absorbed and the mixture to become thick and creamy.
- 3 Stir in sugar, sweetened condensed milk, raisins and spices until well blended. Pour into large bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of rice pudding. Cool slightly.
- 4 Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight until well chilled. Just before serving, add almonds, mango and dried apricots; mix gently.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Carnaroli rice is a thick, short grain rice from Italy that is slightly firmer than Arborio. Both types of rice are high in starch content and either can be used in this recipe.