Ingredients 15 Servings
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 can (15 ounces) white hominy, drained, rinsed well and dried
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 10 minutes or until browned. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2 Stir in tomatoes, water and seasonings. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3 Stir in spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Hominy is dried corn which has been soaked in limewater to remove the hulls and soften the kernels. Canned hominy is available in the canned vegetables or Latin aisles of supermarkets.