Ingredients 13 (2 skewers) Servings
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Minced Garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, (26 to 30 count) peeled and deveined
- 26 to 30 seedless watermelon cubes, (1-inch cubes)
- 1 Place lime juice, oil, Thai basil, honey and garlic in blender or food processor container; cover. Blend or process until basil is finely chopped. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade. Place shrimp in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; toss to coat well.
- 2 Refrigerate 15 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread 1 shrimp and 1 watermelon cube on each skewer so that the watermelon cube is in-between the 2 ends of the shrimp.
- 3 Grill over medium heat 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally. Serve skewers drizzled with reserved marinade.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Soak bamboo skewers thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with shrimp and watermelon. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.