Ingredients 8 (3 wafer) Servings
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 ounces firm goat cheese, such as Gouda
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Green Peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add goat cheese, green peppercorns and sea salt; beat until well blended. Add flour and water; beat on low speed until a soft dough forms. Gently knead dough on lightly floured work surface
- 2 Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Gently flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with floured fork, pressing a crisscross pattern onto tops of wafers
- 3 Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until wafers are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely
TIPS AND TRICKS
To crush green peppercorns, place green peppercorns in large resealable plastic bag. Close tightly. Pound with a rolling pin, mallet or heavy skillet until crushed.
Prepare as directed, using 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed Peppercorn Medley from McCormick® Peppercorn Medley Grinder adjusted to medium-grind setting in place of the crushed green peppercorns.
Instead of Gouda, substitute about 1/4 cup shredded Drunken goat cheese.