These chorizo-stuffed mushrooms make a great appetizer for holiday entertaining. They can be assembled ahead of time, refrigerated then baked just before serving.
Ingredients 12 (2 mushrooms) Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds large white mushrooms, (about 24)
- 4 ounces fresh Mexican chorizo
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove stems from mushrooms. Trim and finely chop stems. Place mushrooms caps on foil-lined baking pan. Set aside.
- 2 Place chorizo in large skillet on medium heat. Cook and stir until crumbled and lightly browned. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Add chopped mushroom stems, thyme and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in queso fresco. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon chorizo mixture.
- 3 Bake 20 minutes or until mushroom caps are tender.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner