- 1 tablespoon El Guapo® Seasoned Annatto Paste (Pasta de Achiote Condimentada)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 medium garlic cloves, divided
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon El Guapo® Whole Oregano (Oregano Entero)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon El Guapo® Ground Black Pepper (Pimienta Negra Molida)
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled with tails on
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Place Achiote Paste, lime and orange juice, 1 garlic clove, jalapeño, 1 tablespoon of the oil and Oregano in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until completely smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Place shrimp in medium bowl. Add salt and pepper, tossing gently to coat. Gently stir in marinade. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving any remaining marinade. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large deep skillet on medium heat until shimmering. Place shrimp in single layer in skillet; cook about 2 minutes per side, just until pink. Transfer to serving platter; keep warm.
- 4 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet on medium heat. Finely chop remaining 2 cloves of garlic; add to skillet. Cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in reserved marinade and water. Bring to boil; cook about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drizzle sauce over shrimp. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with toasted bolillos or baguette.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner