Juicy shrimp in a fiery and flavorful red sauce made with ripe Roma tomatoes and 2 types of chili pods – California and Chile de Arbol. Enjoy with rice, warm tortillas or tostadas, and your favorite ice-cold beverage to tame the spicy heat!
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 6 El Guapo® Whole California Chili Pods (Chile California Entero), stemmed and seeded
- 10 to 15 El Guapo® Whole Arbol Chili Pods (Chile de Arbol Entero), stemmed and seeded
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cored
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Place chilis in large heat-safe bowl. Add boiling water; cover. Soak chilis 30 minutes or until softened. Remove chilis with tongs or slotted spoon and transfer to blender container, discarding soaking liquid. Add remaining 1/2 cup water, tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt and cumin; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Heat oil in large deep skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Carefully add chili mixture to skillet (hot oil may splatter, reduce heat slightly if needed!). Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir in shrimp. Cook and stir until just pink, about 10 minutes. Serve with rice, warm tortillas or tostadas.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner