These buttery melt-in-your mouth shortbread cookies are also known as Mexican Wedding Cakes. They make a great holiday gift or cookie exchange addition.
Ingredients 24 Servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
El Guapo® Ground Cinnamon (Canela Molida), divided
- cinnamon ground
El Guapo® Ground Nutmeg (Nuez Moscada Molida)
- nutmeg ground
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups finely chopped El Guapo® Pecan Halves (Pecanas)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup of the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and nutmeg; beat until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans.
- 2 Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3 Mix remaining 2 cups confectioners’ sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 4 Bake cookies 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheets. Immediately roll hot cookies in sugar mixture. Place cookies on wire racks to cool. When cool, roll again in sugar mixture.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner