Impress guests with a quick and easy homemade salsa! Combine water, tomatillos, cilantro, salt and El Guapo® Puya Chili Pods for just the right amount of spice.
Ingredients 16 (2 tablespoon) Servings
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound tomatillos, papery skin removed and rinsed well
- 8 El Guapo® Whole Puya Chili Pods (Chile Puya Entero), stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Place water and tomatillos in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes until softened. Drain well.
- 2 Wipe outside of chilis with damp paper towel to remove any dust. Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Toast chilis 30 seconds per side until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- 3 Place tomatillos, chiles, cilantro and salt in blender container. Cover. Blend on high until smooth. Cool completely before serving. Serve with fresh tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, nachos or eggs. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner