The smoky flavor of El Guapo® Morita Chile lights up this easy, homemade salsa recipe! Enjoy with tortilla chips or as a tasty topping for tacos, nachos, eggs and more.
Ingredients 16 (2 tablespoon) Servings
- 4 El Guapo® Whole Morita Chili Pods (Chile Morita Entero), stemmed
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1/4 large white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Bring 1 cup of the water to boil in small saucepan on high heat. Remove from heat; add chilies. Cover. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain soaking liquid. Remove and discard seeds. Place chiles in blender container. Set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, place tomatoes, onion garlic on foil-lined sheet pan. Broil on HIGH 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking and removing the garlic clove.
- 3 Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt and remaining 1 cup water to blender container. Cover, Blend on high until smooth. Cool completely before serving. Serve with fresh tortilla chips, or as a topping for tacos, nachos or eggs. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner