Ingredients 20 Servings
- 3 pounds yellow onions
- 6 heads garlic
- 6 lemons, halved
- 1 package (73 ounces) Zatarain's® Preseasoned Crab Boil
- 4 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 sack (35 to 40 pounds) live crawfish, cleaned
- 1 bunch celery, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup Zatarain's® Concentrated Shrimp & Crab Boil
- 1 box Zatarain's® Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil
- 12 frozen mini corn-on-the-cob
- 1 Fill an 80-quart crawfish boiling pot with a basket 1/3 to 1/2 with water. Place pot on a jet-style propane burner on high heat. Add onions, garlic and lemon halves. (You can use a small laundry bag for lemons and garlic. Or just leave the onions in the mesh bag they come in from the grocery with tags removed.)
- 2 Bring to full rolling boil. Stir in Crab Boil Complete. Add potatoes (in their mesh bag from the grocery or a laundry bag). Reduce heat to medium-low. Boil 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove potatoes.
- 3 Return water to full rolling boil on high heat. Add crawfish, celery, liquid Crab Boil and Crab Boil bag. Return water to full rolling boil on high heat. Start checking doneness just before water returns to full rolling boil. As soon as small gaps start to appear between the head and the tail on the largest crawfish, they are done. Turn off heat. Add frozen corn and cooked potatoes. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove corn and potatoes. Let crawfish stand for a minimum of 30 minutes, but 45 minutes is better.
TIPS AND TRICKS
To clean crawfish: Pour live crawfish into a washtub or ice chest; cover with water. Drain. Repeat 3 to 4 times until crawfish are clean. Drain. Discard any dead crawfish and debris.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.