Cheese. Chicken. Beans. Rice. What’s not to love about this one-skillet chili meal for the whole family? Transform Zatarain’s® Black Beans and Rice into a colorful, satisfying dish with bell pepper and diced tomatoes. Authentic sure is tasty.
Servings: 7 (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package Zatarain's® Black Beans & Rice Dinner Mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Set aside. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- 2 Stir water, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Rice Mix and chili powder into skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent rice and beans from sticking.
- 3 Stir in chicken. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner