Ingredients 9 Servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 box Zatarain's® Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent.
- 2 Stir in Seasoning Mix, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, stir Cornbread Mix, 1 cup of the cheese, milk and egg in large bowl just until moistened. Drop spoonfuls of batter over meat mixture. Cover. Cook on medium-low heat 15 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
- 4 Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and green onions. Cover. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitution Tip : Use 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1 teaspoon salt in place of the Chili Seasoning Mix.
Serving Suggestion : Add a final hit of heat with Zatarain’s® Cajun Hot Sauce before serving.