A little bit of sweet, a little bit of spice – this crowd-pleasing dessert is ready in less than 30 minutes! Make with Zatarain’s® Buttermilk Biscuit Mix to create soft, fluffy shortcakes. Top golden cakes with a cinnamon and vanilla-flavored berry mixture … don’t forget the whipped topping!
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 1 box ZATARAIN'S® Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix strawberries and vanilla in large bowl. Mix 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over strawberries, toss to coat well. Let stand 30 minutes to allow strawberries to release their juices, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Meanwhile, stir Biscuit Mix, milk, melted butter, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ginger in large bowl until mixture forms a soft dough. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart onto baking sheet lightly sprayed with no stick cooking spray. (Should form 8 shortcakes.)
- 3 Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack. To serve, split warm shortcakes. Place 1 shortcake bottom on each plate. Top each with 1/2 cup strawberry mixture and 2 tablespoons whipped topping. Cover with shortcake tops.