Get the Free Meal Planning Tool That Can Show You How.
Start your FREE 1-year subscription to DinnerTime.com — the online tool that helps you plan, shop and cook dinner every night.
To access this FREE offer, set up your FlavorProfile now!
For centuries, wild rice sustained indigenous peoples across North America who found the grain growing in the shallows of lakes and slow-moving streams. Today wild rice is prized for its nutty flavor and high nutritional value.
Try dressing up Zatarain’s Wild Brown Rice with sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and grilled chicken for a light and refreshing meal, perfect for any time of year.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 1 3/4 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 3 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended.
2. MICROWAVE , uncovered, on HIGH 10 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 35 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
LONG GRAIN PARBOILED BROWN RICE, WILD RICE, RED & GREEN BELL PEPPER, SALT, ONION, GARLIC, YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, SPICES AND HERBS (INCLUDING PARSLEY, RED PEPPER), TAMARI SOY SAUCE (SOYBEAN, SALT), & CARROT.
1/3 cup dry mix (57g) = 1 cup prepared