Create your Flavor Profile!
Find just-for-you recipes, save favorites and more when you customize your Flavor Profile.
Inspired by the French Quarter, the grand old neighborhood known for exquisite dining and a carefree spirit, this Bourbon Chicken Flavored Rice delivers a tantalizing balance of sweet and savory flavors that makes it a mealtime favorite in any neighborhood.
Zatarain’s Bourbon Chicken Flavored Rice is a bold compliment to any meal. Use it as a side to liven up a simple grilled chicken breast, or stir in a mixture of fresh vegetables. However you prepare it, you’ve found a flavorful, satisfying new addition to your weekly dinner lineup.
STOVE TOP DIRECITONS
1. BROWN 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken, cut into ½-inch cubes. Mix 2¼ cups water, Rice Mix, cooked chicken and 1 tbsp. or margarine (optional) in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 cups water, Rice Mix, 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken, cooked and cup into ½-inch cubes, and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 ½-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 17 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Sugar, Onion, Garlic, Brown Sugar, Tomato, Yeast Extract, Molasses (Refinery syrup, refiners molasses, caramel color), salt, spices (including red pepper, chili pepper, turmeric), torula yeast, caramel color, vinegar solids, hydrolyzed soy protein and corn protein, natural flavor, calcium stearate (to make free flowing), extractives of paprika, chicken, silicon dioxide (added to make free flowing), chicken fat, whiskey solids (contains barley & rye gluten), and ascorbic acid.
1/4 cup dry (45g) = 1 cup prepared