Get the Free Meal Planning Tool That Can Show You How.
Start your FREE 1-year subscription to DinnerTime.com — the online tool that helps you plan, shop and cook dinner every night.
To access this FREE offer, set up your FlavorProfile now!
The first Cajuns arrived in south Louisiana in 1765, bringing with them a French culinary heritage and a resourceful spirit. They took what their new home gave them – local produce, seafood and game – and created a new cuisine that’s now known far and wide for big, unique flavors.
Based on a classic Cajun recipe, Zatarain’s Cajun Chicken Flavored Rice Mix delivers big Cajun flavor without too much spice. You’ll notice hints of Cajun seasoning with natural chicken flavor and savory vegetables like onion, bell pepper and garlic. Add a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast to serve your family a complete meal that would be at home at any address in Cajun Country.
Add 1 lb. of cooked boneless skinless chicken to complete your meal.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. BROWN 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Mix 2 1/4 cups water, Rice Mix, cooked chicken and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 cups hot water, Rice Mix, 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 17 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE ( RICE, IRON, NIACIN, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID), ONION, GARLIC, RED & GREEN BELL PEPPER, SPICES (INCLUDING PARSLEY, PAPRIKA, CHILI PEPPER, RED PEPPER, TURMERIC), SALT, SUGAR, YEAST EXTRACT, BROWN SUGAR, NATURAL FLAVOR & CHICKEN POWDER.
1/4 cup dry mix (45g)