This recipe was developed for Stubb’s by Katie, of Culinary Pirate.
- Step 1
- 1 tablespoon high-heat cooking oil
- 6-8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Stubb's Smokehouse Bourbon Cookin' Spice Rub Pack
- 5 small red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1' chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Stubb's Smokehouse Bourbon Cookin' Sauce Pack
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- 2 Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add in the cooking oil. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and rub all over with the spice rub pack. When the oil is hot, place the chicken thighs in the pan skin side down in a single layer. Let the chicken thighs cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. (Don't try to move or jostle the chicken while it sears or it will stick to the pan.) Flip to the opposite sides and let sear for about another 2 minutes. If you can't fit all of the pieces in the pan, sear them in batches. Remove seared chicken to a plate and set aside.
- 3 Lower pan heat to medium and add the cut potatoes to the pan. Let the potatoes cook for about 5 minutes, turning once or twice. Add in the onion and carrots and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally; cook until they just start to become soft. Add in the sliced garlic and cook for another minute or two. Pour in the Cookin' Sauce pack and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4 Add the chicken pieces back to the pan, nestling them into the sauce. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, covered, then remove the foil and let cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the chicken thighs are cooked through. Stir the peas into the pan and let the mixture bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- 5 Divide the chicken thighs among plates and scoop vegetables out of the pan with a slotted spoon. Spoon some of the pan sauce onto the chicken, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner