- Step 1
- 1 pound cooked beef pot roast or brisket
- 1 package (20 to 24 ounces) frozen waffle fries
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite Barbeque Sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 Prepare waffle fries according to package directions. Shred beef pot roast with two forks.
- 2 Meanwhile, combine beef and barbecue sauce in a medium saucepan. Heat beef mixture over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Top waffle fries with beef mixture, beans and cheese. Bake in 350°F oven 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
- 4 Top mixture with sour cream, if desired. Sprinkle with green onions.
- 5 Cook's Tip Two packages (17 ounces each) fully-cooked pot roast or brisket may be substituted for cooked pot roast or brisket. Remove beef from package, discarding au jus or gravy. Continue as directed in step 2.
- 6 Cook's Tip Waffle fries may be transferred to an oven-safe baking dish. Continue as directed in step 3.
- 7 This recipe is an excellent source of protein and vitamin B12; and a good source of fiber, iron, selenium and zinc.
- 8 Courtesy of the Beef Checkoff.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner