This easy taco soup recipe is a 30-minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners. Loaded with south-of-the-border flavor thanks to McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix, this zesty soup includes lean ground beef, chopped onion, green bell peppers, black be... This easy taco soup recipe is a 30-minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners. Loaded with south-of-the-border flavor thanks to McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix, this zesty soup includes lean ground beef, chopped onion, green bell peppers, black beans and diced tomatoes. Simple to make, just brown the meat, add onion and green pepper and cook until tender-crisp. Then, add the seasonings and other ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. This cozy taco soup serves up ladlefuls of ground beef and bold flavor in every bite. Easy to customize, friends and family will love making their bowls exactly how they prefer, with assorted toppings like shredded cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream or lime wedges. Make this meal a fiesta with tortilla chips and Homemade Salsa or Guacamole. Read More Read Less
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper, (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 packages McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- tortilla strips
- 1 Brown beef in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- 2 Stir in Seasoning Mix, stock, water, beans, tomatoes and corn. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.
- 3 Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Serve with desired toppings. Serving Suggestion : Serve with assorted toppings, such as chopped avocado, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream or lime wedges.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner