Give taco night a twist with this simple skillet dish. Season ground turkey, quinoa, tomatoes and corn with McCormick® Taco Seasoning Mix for a kid-friendly meal the whole family will taco-bout.
Ingredients 6 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 Prepare quinoa as directed on package. (See tips below!)
- 2 Meanwhile, cook turkey in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3 Stir in cooked quinoa, Seasoning Mix, tomatoes and corn. Cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover. Let stand until cheese is melted. Serve with desired toppings.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Serving Suggestion: Serve with assorted toppings, such as reduced fat sour cream, chopped cilantro and guacamole.
• Rinsing quinoa with cold water prior to cooking helps reduce the bitterness that comes from a coating found on the seeds called saponins.
• To cook quinoa, use 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa, so 1 cup of water to cook 1/2 cup dry quinoa.