Ingredients 6 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 green onions, sliced and separated into white and green parts
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- McCormick® Sesame Seed, for garnish
- 1 Cook ground beef and white part of green onions in large skillet on medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain fat.
- 2 Stir in remaining ingredients except sesame seed. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Sprinkle with remaining green onions and sesame seed. Serve over cooked jasmine rice or noodles, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
For richer, more authentic Korean flavor, add 2 tablespoons Korean pepper paste (Gochujang). Decrease soy sauce and rice vinegar to 1 tablespoon each and omit garlic powder and ground red pepper.
Korean pepper paste or Gochujang is a fermented chile and bean paste. It is used flavor stews, soups and marinades, and as a condiment at the table. It is available in Asian markets and online specialty stores.