Chuck roast comes out of the Instant Pot tender and flavorful thanks to a generous sprinkle of Mississippi Roast Seasoning Mix, butter and pepperoncini peppers. Ideal for busy weeknights, it’s also easy to whip up this meal in the slow cooker.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut in half
- 1 package Instant Pot Mississippi Roast Seasoning Mix McCormick® Mississippi Roast Instant Pot Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 stick butter
- 7 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 Add water to pot. Place roast in pot; sprinkle with Seasoning Mix. Top with butter and peppers. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal.
- 2 Set to cook for 60 minutes on MEAT/STEW function or until meat is tender. When done, quick-release the pressure. Let stand 10 minutes before opening lid. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating directions.) Serve roast with peppers and sauce.
TO PREPARE IN SLOW COOKER:
1. Place roast in slow cooker. (Omit water for slow cooker preparation.)
2. Sprinkle roast evenly with Seasoning Mix. Top with butter and peppers. Cover.
3. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH or until tender. Serve roast with peppers and sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Slice or shred meat and serve with sauce.
•Serve over mashed potatoes, cooked pasta or rice, or use for sandwiches.
•Use leftover roast in grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, tacos and enchiladas.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner