The ultimate in comfort food, this chicken and broccoli casserole with rice is definitely a crowd pleaser. A full meal all in one, this hearty casserole is made from scratch — without using canned soup. Featuring ingredients like long grain rice, chicken stock, broccol... The ultimate in comfort food, this chicken and broccoli casserole with rice is definitely a crowd pleaser. A full meal all in one, this hearty casserole is made from scratch — without using canned soup. Featuring ingredients like long grain rice, chicken stock, broccoli, cheese and a savory blend of garlic, onion, rosemary, salt and pepper, this dish is sure to fill up even the hungriest of eaters. If you’re short on time, opt for using pre-cooked chicken and frozen broccoli, as the florets are already blanched for you. Great for making ahead, you can easily assemble your chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole, pop it in the refrigerator and have it waiting for when you are ready to eat. Or, you can throw it in the Instant Pot and it’ll be ready to serve in less than half the time it takes to bake. This dish also freezes well, so you can freeze the entire casserole or opt for single-serving portions for a quick lunch or dinner. This one-dish wonder pairs well with a fresh Caesar salad and raspberry iced tea. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 (1 cup) Servings
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread chicken and rice in greased 2-quart baking dish.
- 2 Mix stock, milk and seasonings in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Slow pour over chicken and rice. Cover with foil.
- 3 Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Stir in broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until rice has absorbed all the liquid and broccoli is tender.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner